Wednesday, May 2, 2007

you mean more to me that you think.

it's the morning, and somewhat chilly. it's winter after this month, which is both good and bad... bad, because it means I walk around in the afternnoon in the becoming-dark, and I shower in the dark/cold if I do so in the morning.

good, because winter can feel comforting. being warmed against the chill, and seeing something pretty on grey days. even though i'm a sun person and love summer, I can respect winter too.

dads' flown away to Oman until mothers' day. I have to be careful... and not irritate my mum or be a pain in the ass. she has to manage all this formal preparty stuff for next friday on her own.. albeit with I and my sisters' help.

i'm working my ass off for a successful formal. I know it'll be great, but I want it to be wonderful not just for me, but because everyone around me deserves a really fun night. I want to see everyone, in a room, feeling happy! All at once! Life makes it so difficult just to see that on a large scale.

During these weeks of flighty stress and should-be-doings, i'm reading Etiquette: A Guide to Modern Manners. it's quite wholly interesting, so pick it up from me if you'd like to sharpen your knowledge of politeness.

Two minutes to seven, and this huge crack of lightening just occured..

But, the thing I feel like talking about is why I want my whole year level to feel happy.

This all stems from the fact that i'm insecure, but working on it.

Coming from a tiny junor school in which I was friends with mostly boys, I had a disdain for girls and didn't know how to be a good friend to people whom I hadn't known forever. Entering a highschool without really considering that, I had a really hard time being myself, and existed mostly by myself with strange loneliness. I wasn't used to anything other than individual friendships, and in that early time of highschool people survive by having a support group.

I'm still not a group person, not that I consider that a good or bad thing.
But, from the lonely time I did grow up gradually. Because the people in my school-life are very gentle and have personalities that anybody would want to know, i've somehow become increasingly who I really am.

Who I am is a person outgoing and social, very physically affectionate, and loves to talk. For a long time I never had an oppurtunity to just be me, mostly due to myself.

Everyone has their 'awkward years', and i've had such awkward years I have almost no memory of them at all. At least they don't burden me.

I guess, just thankyou for liking me.

5 comments:

Amo said...

lauren is the loveliest person ever!

yes indeed. like when i hear the word lovely i think of you laur!! how cools that!

lalala i too am a summer person... but i cant appreciate winter hehe. i prefer complaining about the coldness. though i get hate glares when i complain about rain now lol. ohhhh well

LOVE

Anonymous said...

you...lauren, are a beautiful person and you mean more to me than you could ever know! no one can replace who you are to me. love u forever...

im sure you will figure out who this is, if not ill tell you on the last day of school :P

laur said...

ahaha aww ananymous i can't pick who you might be... so you're going to have to tell me on the last day of school!

I love you back.

Emily said...

Hmm I reckon anonymous was Kathy. Just a guess though.

Although we may have a bubble I still respect and heart you infinitely. I love that I could say anything to you and not get flamed or feel weird.
Hopefully your awkward years have left forever cos now that we all know the real you i'm sure nobody wants it to go away.

As for Winter V. Summer...I like summer because I dont have to wear shoes when I go out and I like wearing shorts and being in the sun. But on the other hand I do like being able to curl in a doona with my electric blanket and a cuppa tea in Winter. It is a very comfortable feeling.

And now to go and download all those new songs...

carrie . said...

lauren you are ace :)
though i have only got to know you more recently..
and i was not aware of your awkward years.. which either means i am an oblivious idiot, or that you pulled them off very, very well :D
Xxx