Tuesday, May 29, 2007

music post 9 special: packs

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

packs mean a zip containing two or more songs by the same artist.

The Fratellis Pack
everyone and their dog listens to them now, that doesn't make them any less riotously awesome! indie playful, amazing instrument use..

8mm Pack
trip-hop, vaguely nuveau-jazz... probably for fans of The Knife, good background music.

Plus-Tech Squeeze Box Pack
zany japanese electronicaaaaa, genre called 'picopop', the equivalent of electropop. love it, but acquired taste. listen for the insanity.

Gunther Pack
funniest stuff i've heard all week!! 'ooh you touch my tra la la... oooh my ding-ding-dong'.... its horrifically funny in his 'manlyyy' voice. irresistibly eurovison'd.

The Donnas Pack
one of those 'all girl' alt rock bands... but still punchy and fun, quite likeable. good when I feel a bit pissed off kyahaha.

Elliot Smith Pack
who DOESN'T know this guy? first time I heard him was listening to 'needle in the hay' playing when ritchie was cutting his wrists in the royal tanenbaums (one of my favourite films, fyi :0!). indie accoustic rock, and my staple for when feeling depressed. its amazing and everyone ends up liking it somehow..

he died at 34 from a stab wound to the chest (inconclusive wether he, or his girlfriend did the choppy-choppy) after a life in which alcoholism, drugs and depression were rife. such a cobain character, only for the sad instead of angry??

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

let me know if there's any dead linkage, comment if taking (even if you were that person... just suprise me eh :/ )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I much <3 Elliot Smith. I have the song "memory lane" already and it's nice so I'm sure I'll enjoy the others.

Also I can't not like the Ding Ding Dong song. Man...just so wtf and great.

Merci for the Music dear

carrie . said...

aww damn.
my extremely slow computer just spent like 30mins+ trying to download the fratellis one, and then just when it got from 99% it was like "FAILED"!
pfft. stupid stupid.
but it's probably just the fault of my el-crappo comp.
i shall try again though!
Xx